Serving the Generations Since 1882. That’s not just a tagline, at The Bank of Versailles that’s our way of doing business. Our goal is to provide our customers with personal service from their first savings account through their IRA distributions.
Since opening our doors November 22, 1882, The Bank of Versailles has been locally-owned and locally-operated. The bank was started by five shareholders with $5000, and in less than a decade we had grown to $30,000 in capital and we have been growing every since.
In 1958 the entire Main Facility was remodeled moving the teller cages to the other side of the building and offices were added. In July of 1970 our Motor Bank was opened, followed by the Laurie Bank in 1977. The Laurie Bank moved into a new facility in 1984 and in 1997 Greenview Bank opened. Each of these facilities not only offered more convenient service for our expanding customer base, but also provided a community room for meetings and events. On June 1, 2015, our newest facility, The Shawnee Bend Bank, opened its doors.
Today, The Bank of Versailles employs more than 40 people, and is a proud member of the Versailles Area Chamber of Commerce and the Lake West Chamber of Commerce. We are avid supporters of our local schools and community programs including Habitat for Humanity, 4-H, Relay for Life, Share the Harvest, and The Food Bank’s Buddy Pack Program.